Friday, December 27, 2013

BEST OF 2013: Musician Spotlight: Tori-Lynn Rising Singer

Boca Raton, Florida - In Florida there is a talented 16 year old Singer by the name of Tori-Lynn. Tori-Lynn style of singing is Pop / R&B/Hip Hop. This talented rising Singer Tori-Lynn has amazing vocals and style of singing. Miss Tori-Lynn (born Tori Lynn Jones) on November 4th, 1996 is a teen triple threat in the entertainment world who was born in Fairfax County, Virginia, and currently resides in Boca Raton, Florida. At the start of her career she began dancing at the age of 3 years old. As a dancer Tori-Lynn has toured with The Pulse as a 2007 Protégé’ Dancer and has assisted famous choreographers such as Mia Michaels, Brian Friedman, Dave Scott, Laurie Ann Gibson, Cris Judd, Wade Robson and Shane Sparks. She has also been featured in three YMCMB music videos with Lil’ Chuckee and Lil’ Twist with their hit song, “Girl I Got You”, Lil’ Chuckee’s “Da Wop” and also with young artist, Cymia, in her “Kid Nation” music video. Tori-Lynn took part in a movie called, Magic City, starring Mindless Behavior & Flo Rida, which was produced and directed by Malcolm Jones. She has also been seen in many other televised shows/commercials.

Moving on in her career, Tori-Lynn has performed for many live audiences as a young aspiring pop artist.
Her most recent performances have been at Sun Life Stadium in front of 17,000 people for Dan Marino’s Walk For Autism, the grand opening game for the newly built Marlins Park Stadium with invitation from Gloria & Emilio Estefan, and Camp Jam where she has performed for as many as 6,000 kids. She has also gained exposure being seen performing at various venues and events for the South Florida & Dade County Fairs, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, and many American Cancer Society Relay For Life charity events. Her involvement with Relay For Life has also earned her an award entitled, “Certificate of Appreciation”, in recognition for her commitment, dedication and support for the 2011 Relay For Life, which was presented to her at Florida Memorial University.

Currently, Tori-Lynn has debuted two of her own original singles, “Labyrinth of Love” & “Nobody But Me“. Some of her major influences and support have been her family, close friends & most importantly, her fans. Her vocal coach, Anita Faye Wilson, has also kept her very focused & on point. However, Tori-Lynn's biggest influence and inspiration has been her younger brother, Glenn, who battles a very rare genetic disease called Cystinosis, for whom she had dedicated her first single, “Labyrinth of Love” to. She hopes to be well known enough to the whole world one day to help spread the word about this rare life threatening, incurable disease, and to help people be aware and support this cause. Tori-Lynn believes that determination is the key to success, and she’s ready to share her talent with the world.

We recently had the opportunity to interview this up and coming Singer who has a very bright future ahead with her wonderful singing voice. Tori-Lynn's answers are below. It was great to interview Tori-Lynn as it is great promoting up and coming Musicians.

When did you start singing?
 I started singing professionally about 5 years ago.

Was it your dream to be a singer? Not at first. I started out as a dancer. I was a well rounded dancer since I was 3 years old.

Tell us about your style of singing? I would say my genre is pop, I'm also moving into more of the electronic pop scene...similar to the music artist, Sia.

Are there challenges pursuing a singing career? There are  lots & lots of challenges, but they are certainly all worth it if this is what you really want do to.

Does your parents and friends support you? My parents & closest friends are very supportive.

Do you write your own songs?
Yes I write some of my own songs & also love to collaborate with others.

If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song? Life experiences & a lot of what you're feeling at that moment goes into writing a great song in my opinion.

Where was your first performance, were you excited?
 My first singing performance on a professional level was when I was 12 & I was very excited! I actually opened up for a band called "City of God" in Hollywood Florida.

Where have you been able to perform? I have performed all over South Florida mostly, but will be venturing out on a national & maybe even an international tour soon.

Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting? I am inspired by many different artists & also by a catalogue of all different genres of music, but what inspires me the most is my little brother, Glenn. Glenn has a very rare genetic disease called Cystinosis. He's a trooper & my hero! I hope to be well known enough by the world one day so I can be a spokesperson for this horrible & incurable disease. To find out more about Cystinosis please go to www.cystinosis.org.

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? That's a very hard question to answer. There's a lot of places in the world I would love to perform. One particular place sticks out in my mind right at this moment though & that's Indonesia, because I have a lot of fans on Twitter who always tweet out to me from there. They are so loyal & supportive! They always ask me when I am coming there to perform. It's amazing!!!

Along the same line, who would you love to perform with? I would love to perform with Justin Bieber, Pink, Beyonce, Jessie J, David Guetta & the list goes on.

What are some of your goals for your Music? I would love my music to connect with & touch everyone in the world.

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
 I hope to reach out to as many people as possible & touch their souls! I'm all about putting on a great show & swaying people away from their problems & making them feel inspired even if it's just for one split second...I just want to make them smile & feel the love I feel for what I do!

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting? My advice would be to be 100% committed & work very hard at your craft every second you can. This industry is a tough one to make it in, but as long as you believe in yourself & go after what you want you will make things happen, whether it be big things or little things, or whether people notice or not. As long as you feel good about yourself & what you've accomplished, and that you've touched other people's hearts & made them smile, that's all that matters.

Is there anything else you want our readers to know about you, your singing/songwriting? Please hit me up on all of my websites:

www.IAmToRiLyNN.com
www.twitter.com/IAmToRiLyNN
www.reverbnation.com/IAmToRiLyNN
www.youtube.com/gdtgjones4
www.soundcloud.com/IAmToRiLyNN
www.myspace.com/torilynnjones

Do you have any other talents?
Besides being a singer, I'm also a dancer. I also love making & editing my own videos.
RCN America is pleased to have Tori-Lynn featured as our latest "Musician Spotlight", where we highlight, promote up and coming musicians that have amazing vocals, sound, style and/or who are able to play an instrument well singing.




No comments:

Post a Comment