Friday, September 26, 2014

“Alaska ... Eaglaska.”

Since my younger days, I have really enjoyed and practiced art. I especially love to draw eagles of all kinds. These amazing birds have captured my mind at the single thought of how majestic they are among all God's winged creatures. The sharp, fearless, yet peaceful look in their eyes....
In my retirement, as a hobby, I went on an adventure in search of becoming an inventor, and a few ideas and copyrights now belong to me as a result. A few years have passed since, but I once overheard someone say that the outline of Alaska looks like the face of a dragon. Being an artist, I couldn’t let it pass unnoticed.
So I spent some time on Google Earth turning the map and studying the state of Alaska. When the map was west-side-up, suddenly I clearly saw looking back at me the great bald eagle holding the olive branch of peace in its right wing. Immediately had my wife Anna look at it. She really liked the look and sound of the discovery, and right then she said “Alaska ... Eaglaska.”
So I went ahead, using my God-given art skills, and mastered a new way to look at the great state of Alaska. I hope it inspires others to find the peaceful, majestic possibilities inside the things all around us.
Vitaliy Serebryanskiy
Clark County, Vancouver WA, USA


Story Sponsor
"Let your dreams take flight"

No comments:

Post a Comment