Saturday, September 19, 2015

EXCLUSIVE 'Actor Spotlight': Brady Reiter

Fifteen year old talented actress Brady Reiter from Florida stars as Mindy Minus on the Nickelodeon series '100 Things To Do Before High School' which you can watch on Saturday night's. She stars aside Isabela Moner, Jaheem Toombs, Owen Joyner.

We recently had the chance to interview this fifteen year old actress on her role in '100 Things To Do Before High School and more. Here is what Brady had to say to us.

When did you start acting?
I started modeling when I was four, and started acting when I was five! I loved it right away.

Was it your dream to be an actress?
At the beginning, I didn’t expect much, but once I did my first commercial I loved it, and I knew that’s what I wanted to do!

Are there challenges pursuing a acting career?
There are totally challenges. I had to make a lot of sacrifices, and missed a lot of school and events because I had auditions. It also takes a lot of effort to get started in the business. I started doing commercials and worked my way up to where I am now. You just have to know that it won’t be completely glamorous from the start, and that you have to put work and time into it. If you’re dedicated to it and believe in yourself, that will be a small price to pay!

Do you remember your first acting job, tell us about it?

When I was five years old I did my first commercial for Disney World. I had no clue what it would be like! I asked my mom “will I be inside the TV?” I was put with a fake family for the commercial and it was all so new, but everyone was super nice and I loved it!

You play Mindy Minus on the Nickelodeon series '100 Things To Do Before High School'. Tell us about your character?
Mindy Minus is the meanest, most popular girl in the school. She will stop at nothing to get what she wants, even if that means taking some people down along the way! Although she seems so mean-spirited, we do see a little bit of her sensitive side throughout the season!

Are your cast members easy to work with?
Yes! We’re all like a family, and we goof off with each other between scenes. We also all have to go to school together on the set, so we spend a lot of time together!


What does fans have to look forward to in future episodes of '100 Things To Do Before High School'?
We definitely get to see Mindy causing more trouble! We’re also going to get to meet some fun new characters, so make sure to tune in!

How does the cast get ready for scenes?
We have something called a table read for every episode, where we all sit down and read through the script. Before filming a scene, we block it, which means we are told where to stand, how to use the props, etc. Then we do a few rehearsals and film it!

Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in acting?
I think it’s really important to take classes and see if it’s something you like. So many people want to be famous, but you have to really love acting because it takes a lot of work.

What do you hope your fans can take away from your acting?
I think everyone should know that I’m not a mean girl in real life! It’s kind of fun to play someone so different from yourself, it’s definitely a challenge but you can do anything you put your mind to. I also want kids to know that it’s not okay to be like Mindy in real life, you should always be kind to others no matter what!

It's hard to find free time while busy on projects. When you do, how do you spend it?
I love spending time with my friends and family. I also love to read and of course watch Netflix!

Does your family and friends support you?
I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for. My family has always been so supportive of me following my dreams, and I’m so lucky for that. Most of my friends are also actors, which is great because they all understand what my life is like.

Who inspires you with your acting?
Shailene Woodley is one of my favorite actresses; I think her acting is really amazing. I’m always inspired watching any film or TV show; just how an athlete watches sports games, I watch TV shows and movies.

What do you hope to accomplish with your acting?
I want to have a long career of entertaining people. Through film and TV, actors get to make people feel a certain way, whether that is happy, or sad, or inspired. I love making people laugh, but I also think it’s so powerful to make people feel any emotions through your acting.

Is it hard for you to remember your lines? How do you remember them?
Remembering lines isn’t as hard for me as it seems: when we’re on set, we don’t do an entire scene at once, we do pieces of it, so because of that, it’s easier to memorize them.  Going on auditions is actually harder because you have to memorize many pages of script at a time.

Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
Yes! I love animals and I’m very passionate about rescue organizations. I’ve volunteered at many of them and I believe in rescuing because there are so many dogs who need homes. I also do a lot with America’s Toothfairy, which is an organization that encourages dental health and provides resources to those in need. We don’t realize how many people don’t even have access to a simple toothbrush, so I love that America’s Toothfairy provides resources and educates children about the importance of taking care of your teeth.

Is education important to you?
Education is extremely important to me. Many actors and actresses don’t care as much about education, but I’ve always worked very hard to balance my schoolwork and acting. I’m in tenth grade and I have straight A’s and am taking a college class, because I want to go to college and have an education. Many people think you have to choose between acting or school, but I think if you work hard you can have the best of both worlds.


Do you have any other talents?
I’m surprisingly good at hula hooping, if that counts!

It is our hope fans have learned a lot more about this fifteen year old who stars as Mindy Minus on the Nickelodeon series '100 Things To Do Before High School'. '100 Things To Do Before High School' airs an all new episode tonight, Saturday, September 19th, 2015 entitled "Scavenger Hunt Thing!" at 9pm ET/PT.

Fans can follow Brady by clicking here on Twitter.

We want to thank Brady for taking the time to answer our question. Can't wait to see what happens in future episodes of '100 Things To Do Before High School'.

No comments:

Post a Comment