Tuesday, December 29, 2015

EXCLUSIVE Musician Spotlight: Singer/Songwriter Sydney Alton

From the city of Detroit, Michigan now residing in Los Angeles, California comes a multi-talented young singer, songwriter and actress by the name of Sydney Alton. Sydney has been singing since she was 4 years old, songwriting since elementary school, and began doing theater in middle school. She eventually relocated to Los Angeles with her mom and sister where Sydney is continuing to pursue her acting and singing career.

We had the great opportunity to interview this up and coming singer, songwriter and actress. Here is what she had to say to our founder/editor David Mills.

When did you start singing?
I started singing at the age of 4:)

Was it your dream to be a singer?

When I was younger I said I wanted to be a artist and dancer and that eventually evolved to singer in elementary school.

Tell us about your style of singing?
I would say its Pop influenced by R&B and Rock, but I was classically trained.
 
Are there challenges pursuing a singing career and being a normal young lady?
It can get challenging at times, because some people think your weird cause while most girls want to go on dates and do normal teen stuff I just want to sing all day long and reach my goals.
 
Do your parents and friends support you?
My family is very supportive they just want me to be happy and they made so many sacrifices for me to move to LA and go after my dreams
 
Do you write your own songs?
Yes
 
If so, tell us what goes into writing a great song?
The key to writing a great song is to trust yourself when writing and let the words flow on the page and not beat yourself up about if its perfect, a lot of writing is re-writing. Also writing what you want to write not writing for what you think people want to hear.
 
Where was your first performance, were you excited?
I've been performing in choir all my life but my first solo performance was a talent show at my school I was super nervous but it felt amazing.
 
How do you prepare your voice for a performance?
I think sometimes vocal warm ups are overlooked, but doing them really gets your diaphragm going and gives you support. Its like an athlete you have to stretch before the game.

If I went to one of your concerts, what can fans and I expect?
You will have so much fun you will forget the world. Tons of light and the setting will be magical you will leave feeling inspired and like you can do anything.
 
Where have you been able to perform?
I performed at the Hard Rock Cafe in Detroit which was super cool, but honestly the world is my stage I will sing anywhere and everywhere.
 
Who inspires you with your singing and songwriting?
Singing inspirations are Whitney Houston, Demi Lovato, Carrie Underwood, Jessie J, and Alicia Keys

Writing inspirations are Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Demi, and Alicia, and Ryan Tedder

If you could perform anywhere in the world, where would it be and with who/ why?
I would perform on New Years Eve in Times Square with Justin Bieber because that sentence just sounds perfect. :)  

What do you hope to accomplish with your singing/songwriting?
I hope to share my music with the world. release music and perform it. I wanted to write all my music or at least most of it and hopefully co-write and write for other artists.

What three words best describe you and your music?
Inspiring, rebellious, and bubbly
 
Do you have any advice for those wanting to start a career in singing and songwriting?
Don't listen to the voices around you trust your own instincts even if it feels unsure if its meant to be it will happen.

Do you have any other talents?
I am an actress :)
 
Are you passionate about any charities, if so, why?
I love what UNICEF does, and Adopt a Refugee which helps displaced families in Iraq.  

Is education important to you?
Yes, knowledge is power… always keep learning and knowing to be the best person you can.

Sydney will be performing in Detroit for the New Year's Eve "D drop" on Thurday, December 31st, 2015.

We send a big thank you to Sydney for answering our questions. It's our hope she becomes successful in her singing, songwriting and acting. You can follow Sydney by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment